The Scottish event will take place on the 12 December and the Non-Nuclear event will take place on 13 December. Both events will take place in Glasgow - the specific location will be given out to those that book to attend.
The Scottish programme could include:
• Characterisation and quantification of radioactive waste
• Radiochemical analysis and techniques
• Shielding – calculation software, MCNP, manual, calculations for linacs, mazes, scattering, transmission, build up etc.
• Shielding tests as part of the critical examination – Simple methodology, update to Sutton Williams method, alternate methods, use of x-rays, sealed sources etc
• Dose monitoring, dosimetry and calculation of doses for non-nuclear and nuclear accidents
• Radioactive drains, issues of blockages, overflows, where its running through, decommissioning of, linking in with characterisation etc.
• Contingency planning, practising and recording for nuclear and non-nuclear operators
• Setting up a Radiation Monitoring Unit – RPA/RWA involvement
• Radioactive waste/orphan sources in the public domain
Learning from Experience: Radioactive Materials Transport
13 December 2023, Glasgow
The Non-Nuclear Industrial Committee has organised this one-day technical meeting, which will take place the day after the Scottish Committee event, to provide an opportunity to learn about the transport of radioactive materials across various non-nuclear and nuclear sectors. The day will include providing experiences of both ONR and a wide variety of duty holders who have been subject to ONR Transport Compliance Inspections that have resulted in enforcement action being taken, how duty holders have addressed the issues/non-compliances, along with lessons learnt from RPA’s/DGSA’s experience of advising transport duty holders. View the programme and book your place.
To exhibit for both days of this event it will cost £525 plus VAT for Affiliated Organisation members and £700 plus VAT for non-Affiliated Organisation members.
This is a popular event to exhibit at and there are limited spaces so booking early is advised to avoid disappointment.
Please email email@example.com to book an exhibition place.