The Society for Radiological Protection (‘SRP’ or ‘we’ or ‘us’ or ‘our’) gathers and processes your personal information in accordance with this privacy notice and in compliance with the relevant data protection Regulation and laws. This notice provides you with the necessary information regarding your rights and our obligations, and explains how, why and when we process your personal data.
SRP’s registered office is at DS009, Dartington Hall, Devon TQ9 6EN and we are a charity registered in England and Wales under the number 1122804. We are registered on the Information Commissioner's Office Register; registration number Z9829296, and act as the data controller when processing your data. Our designated Data Protection Appointed Person is Simon Clark who can be contacted via DS009, Dartington Hall, Devon TQ9 6EN email@example.com
SRP processes your personal information to meet our legal, statutory and contractual obligations and to provide you with SRP membership benefits and services. We will never collect any unnecessary personal data from you and do not process your information in any way, other than as specified in this notice.
- Name/Date of Birth
- Home Address/Personal email (if provided)
- Business Address/Email
- Daytime landline Telephone Number/Mobile Telephone Number
Depending on the nature of your relationship with us, we may also collect data on:-
- Employment history
- Professional work and experience details
- Any complaint or disciplinary procedure involving you
We may ask for additional information on protected characteristics to help support those that are under-represented in accordance with our Equality and Diversity policy. Provision of such data is voluntary.
As an SRP member we collect personal data about you in connection with SRP membership benefits and activities (products and services) from your application form(s); event registration form(s); professional registration application form(s); from your interactions with us whether over the phone, in person, in writing, or through our website or emails.
As an IRPA Affiliate member we collect personal data about you in connection with IRPA membership benefits and activities (products and services) from the information sent to us by your Professional Body.
As a non-member attender of one of our events, we collect personal data about you in connection with SRP events and related activities (products and services) from your event registration form(s);
As an enquirer, prospective member, or general correspondent, we collect personal data about you in connection with your enquiry/correspondence and related SRP benefits and activities (products and services) from your interactions with us whether over the phone, in person, in writing, or through our website or emails.
SRP takes your privacy very seriously and will never disclose, share or sell your data without your consent; unless required to do so by law. We only retain your data for as long as is necessary and for the purpose(s) specified in this notice. Where you have consented to us providing you with promotional offers and marketing, you are free to withdraw this consent at any time. The purposes and reasons for processing your personal data are detailed below: -
- We collect your personal data in order to process and manage your membership of SRP or IRPA, or to handle your event application, enquiry or other correspondence
- We collect and store your personal data as part of our legal obligation for business accounting and tax purposes
- We will share your personal data with Harris Associates (our contracted administrator) to process your application and manage all aspects of SRP member administration including professional registration;
- We will share your personal data with Pulse8, our website contractor, to allow you access to the members’ area of our website and the associated forums
- We will share your personal data with IOPP (publisher of our Journal) in order to provide you with electronic access to the Journal of Radiological Protection as a benefit to all members
- We will share your basic personal information such as your name and email on our Conference Delegate lists should you agree to attend any conference and not advise us that you do not wish this to happen
- We will occasionally send you marketing information where we have assessed that it is beneficial to you as a member and in our interests. Such information will be non-intrusive and is processed on the grounds of legitimate interests
- We may occasionally wish to send you marketing information specifically from our Affiliated Organisations, on products and services that may be of interest to you. Such marketing is processed on the basis of consent and will not be sent unless you have opted in to receive it.
- If you are a Trustee or committee member we will seek your consent on appointment to share your contact details with other SRP members who need to communicate with you on Society business. You may, if you wish, choose not to be contacted directly but only through our contracted administrator.
- We will share your contact details with relevant Trustees and/or committee chairs and secretaries when required to conduct aspects of Society business for which you have volunteered, such as joining a committee or outreach team.
- If you work for one of the larger employers, we will share your contact details with our Champion or Head of Profession for this employer; a list of these employers is available on request. Our Champions act as focal points for SRP business and it is helpful if they know who is a member within their organisation. Heads of Profession are advocates for professional registration and so in a similar way, hey may request information on professional registration grades attained by their employees. Champions and Heads of Profession are all SRP members or the main contact at an Affiliated Organisation.
You have the right to access any personal information that SRP processes about you and to request information about: -
- What personal data we hold about you
- The purposes of the processing
- The categories of personal data concerned
- The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed
- How long we intend to store your personal data for
- If we did not collect the data directly from you, information about the source
If you believe that we hold any incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and/or complete the information and we will strive to do so as quickly as possible; unless there is a valid reason for not doing so, at which point you will be notified.
You also have the right to request erasure of your personal data or to restrict processing (where applicable) in accordance with the data protection laws; as well as to object to any direct marketing from us. Where applicable, you have the right to data portability of your information and the right to be informed about any automated decision-making we may use. You have the right to request that you are not included in any SRP event photos that are published.
If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
We do not share or disclose any of your personal information without your consent, other than for the purposes specified in this notice or where there is a legal requirement. SRP uses a third-party to provide administrative services and to provide a website (see below); however, all processors acting on our behalf only process your data in accordance with instructions from us and comply fully with this privacy notice, the data protection laws and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
We use Harris Associates for all administrative services in connection with your membership. They act in the capacity of a processor on our behalf. The only information we provide them with is your name, address, other contact details, application form(s) and payment details to meet membership and legal requirements.
SRP takes your privacy seriously and takes every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure your personal data. We work hard to protect you and your information from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction and have several layers of security measures in place, including: -
Encryptions, Restricted access, IT authentication, Firewalls, Anti-virus/malware, Secure Backups
Personal data in the European Union is protected by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) but some other countries may not necessarily have the same high standard of protection for your personal data. SRP does not transfer or store any personal data outside the EU.
As noted in the ‘How We Use Your Personal Data’ section of this notice, we process your personal information under the legitimate interests’ legal basis. Where this is the case, we have carried out a thorough Legitimate Interests’ Assessment (LIA) to ensure that we have weighed your interests and any risk posed to you against our own interests; ensuring that they are proportionate and appropriate.
We use the ‘legitimate interests’ legal basis for processing the personal information provided in your application or correspondence and have identified that our interests are to manage the subscription and payments related to the subscription or event as well as to provide you with information as regards your membership or enquiry and our events and publications.
SRP only ever retains personal information for as long as is necessary and we have strict review and retention policies in place to meet these obligations. We are required under UK tax law to keep your basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of 6 years after which time it will be destroyed. We will remove your personal data from our subscription database within 6 months after your subscription has ceased.
Where you have consented to us using your details for direct marketing, we will keep such data until you notify us otherwise and/or withdraw your consent.
SRP will send you newsletters and event details by email or post that have been identified as being relevant to and in the interests of your membership of, or correspondence with, SRP. Such information will be relevant to you as a member or correspondent and is non-intrusive and you will always have the option to opt-out/unsubscribe at any time.
If you would prefer not to receive above-mentioned SRP marketing and offers, please either email firstname.lastname@example.org to ask to be removed from the mailing list; click the ‘unsubscribe’ button on one of our emails to you; or update your contact preferences online in your SRP member profile.
If you would like to receive relevant marketing information on services and products from our Affiliated Organisations in the future then please either email email@example.com to ask to be added to the Affiliated Organisations Marketing mailing list; click on one of our emails to you; or update your contact preferences online in your SRP member profile.
SRP only processes your personal information in compliance with this privacy notice and in accordance with the relevant data protection laws. If, however you wish to raise a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data or are unsatisfied with how we have handled your information, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
The Society for Radiological Protection DS009 Dartington Hall Devon TQ9 6EN firstname.lastname@example.org
Information Commissioner’s Office Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF T: 01625 545745 email@example.com
V3.1 / Jan 2022