Abstract submission for the Young Professionals Award is now open!Read More
SRP Annual Conference
*** NEW DATES ANNOUNCED ***
The 2020 and 2021 Annual Conference will now be combined and will now take place from 15 - 18 March 2021 in Bournemouth. All previous tickets will be automatically moved to the new dates unless you would like to request a refund if you're unable to attend the new dates - for this, please email firstname.lastname@example.org .
An updated programme will be made available shortly.
Event theme: Practical Radiation Protection: Innovation and Challenges.
The last few years have seen a variety of changes and challenges in the RP community with the implementation of the 2013 EURATOM Basic Safety Standards into UK legislation and the impact of BREXIT. The focus is how we address these challenges from a practical stand point, and how implementation has worked for example:
• Nuclear Sector - for compliance with REPPIR, how does an RPA argue SQEP to deal with a site emergency when the highest activity experienced is 1 Bq/cm2 alpha on a foot?
• Oil and Gas industry - how have changes involving NORM affected work and disposals of waste arisings?
• Has Brexit impacted foreign students attending UK universities and R&D at establishments such as JET?
• Has the cost associated with notification etc, meant schools no longer teach with radioactive sources when discussing half life and shielding?
• What future RP challenges does the future hold with the development of the UKs Geological Disposal Facility and development of Small Modular Reactors.
10% off when you book 3–4 tickets and 15% if you book 5 or more tickets at the same time! (Discounted tickets must be from the same organisation and will be provided on one invoice only; you don’t have to provide delegate names up front but these will be needed before the event). Please email email@example.com in order to book a group of delegates.
Young Professionals Award
Other SRP EventsView All
15th to 18th Mar 2021
Bournemouth International Centre
*** NEW DATES ANNOUNCED *** The 2020 and 2021 Annual Conference will now be combined and will now take place from 15 - 18 March 2021 in Bournemouth. All previous tickets will be automatically…
11th Nov 2020
This event will now be run virtually - please see the rates for members and non-members below. The initial 'Response' phase of a radiological or nuclear emergency tends to receive most…